• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Jericho

cphilip

Sep 10, 2006
Clemson SC
www.cphilip.com
If anyone is watching this "mini series" you will note that one of the characters is a Ham. And I think the use of radio communications is a partial theme here. Being as its about a neuclear attack and fallout.

He is, of course, eccentric (or perhaps crazy). Thats perfect typcasting at it's best I think! :D

update: Its an old tube radio the got running and they copying morse. Can't make out the front of it... Probably a prop though...

Update 2: Ah... drama! He was writing down the code but yet when someone entered the room he claimed he could not get "this old thing to work". Which is obvious that what the code said is something he is keeping a secret. I can't dicipher code... but I bet it was fake hollywood CW. Wish some of you "Code talkers" have seen it. So you could confirm that.

Update 3: Appears the code was telling him were each of the Nukes hit. As tonights episode ended he was reading the paper he had written it down on and sticking pins in a US map. Denver, Atlanta, Phili... San Diego... and it ended...

I have been watching it but missed the CW part,I was talking on the phone at the time.The radio is a Yaesu FT-101F which is the last of the 101E and F series before the Z and ZD series and somewhat rare to find since very few were made.

Well there was not too much radio in that last weeks episode. However early on there was the use of Morse code sound for an intro to a segment of it.

Maybe this weeks will have more Radio again. Tomorrow night I believe.

With the latest hullabaloo over in Korea this sort of takes on a different tone now doesn't it?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.