• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

JRC NRD-515

moose

No good can come of this.
Nov 29, 2009
New Orleans, LA -ish
I just acquired on of these with the memory box and what looks to be an MFJ pre-amp/tuner. Really starting to wrap my head around what a piece of equipment I have here.

Said it hasn't been used for over 10 years, I bring it home, hook it up to my IMAX just to see if it still works. :p:
After a warm up, I picked up a lot of hammies on 80 meter, some 160 meter. A lot of broadcasts around 5 & 10 MHz

Question is, what tips and tricks do I need to know to keep this thing healthy and preserve it?

Also, is it really necessary to follow the guidelines to building a long wire antenna? Or can I just string up something?

I just acquired on of these with the memory box and what looks to be an MFJ pre-amp/tuner. Really starting to wrap my head around what a piece of equipment I have here.

Said it hasn't been used for over 10 years, I bring it home, hook it up to my IMAX just to see if it still works. :p:
After a warm up, I picked up a lot of hammies on 80 meter, some 160 meter. A lot of broadcasts around 5 & 10 MHz

Question is, what tips and tricks do I need to know to keep this thing healthy and preserve it?

Also, is it really necessary to follow the guidelines to building a long wire antenna? Or can I just string up something?

most of the time, stringing some wire up will give better results than your Imax.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.