• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just for the arguments sake

We used to invite the local CBers to our Field Day outings. We always had a great weekend, with a party atmosphere. We let the CBers operate the equipment(under the watchful eye of a control op). You should have seen their smiles. We always got a new Ham or two out of the process.

Check with some of your local Hams and see if they are doing anything for Field Day, next year. I'll bet that they would be happy to have you along. Can you climb trees?

Rich

Lazybones1222 said:
This is sorta like the old witch hunts.
HA HA. Monte Python's Holy Grail....

CROWD:
A witch! A witch! A witch! A witch! We've found a witch! A witch! A witch! A witch! A witch! We've got a witch! A witch! A witch! Burn her! Burn her! Burn her! We've found a witch! We've found a witch! A witch! A witch! A witch!

VILLAGER #1:
We have found a witch. May we burn her?
http://www.intriguing.com/mp/_sounds/hg/witch.wav

I can see it being a possibility technically. The radio could be designed to have an activation card when purchased with proof of license. Sort of like how Wal-Mart activates a phone card. The problem would be it being cost effective. There would have to be a set of freq. set apart for its use and a specific radio designed in this manner to operate on those freq's and designed to use the activation card.But given the nature of radio, Hams and CBers alike, many will find a way to modify existing equipment to bypass using the designated radio. Hams do it for MURS and CB freq's as well as GMRS and cbers for "freeband". But I can see it being technically doable.

We used to invite the local CBers to our Field Day outings. We always had a great weekend, with a party atmosphere. We let the CBers operate the equipment(under the watchful eye of a control op). You should have seen their smiles. We always got a new Ham or two out of the process.

Now thats what i'm talkin about as for my area I don't know of any local groups! my grandfather is a ham but I don't think he's fired up his radio in years! how would I go about finding a local group! I'll try a search and see what comes up and let ya know what comes up!

Sonwatcher wrote:

I can see it being a possibility technically. The radio could be designed to have an activation card when purchased with proof of license. Sort of like how Wal-Mart activates a phone card. The problem would be it being cost effective. There would have to be a set of freq. set apart for its use and a specific radio designed in this manner to operate on those freq's and designed to use the activation card.But given the nature of radio, Hams and CBers alike, many will find a way to modify existing equipment to bypass using the designated radio. Hams do it for MURS and CB freq's as well as GMRS and cbers for "freeband". But I can see it being technically doable

Cost effective Hmmm! how much money have you got in your equipment? Not including time! I know even on 11m the stuff can get pretty pricey! If we are willing to spend the money for a passion(IE DX and modified radios) and we know that If (I WE THEY) get caught its gonna cost more then I think the price would be within our means! As far as modification of said exuipment your right some where some one Will hack it but that goes back to the governing body enforcing the rules if they do it from day one then the problem won't get out of hand as in cb and 10m conversions! (Nip in the bud so to speak)

Well I'm gonna do my area search I'll keep ya posted and keep thinking and coming up with a solutions together I do believe we can resolve the problem!

weatherman49 said:
how would I go about finding a local group! I'll try a search and see what comes up and let ya know what comes up!

Might start with this Club:

South Arkansas Amateur Radio Club
460 W Oak St
El Dorado, AR 71730
(870) 863-4931

Rich

Thanx Haminx sorry it took so long to get back been out of town I'll definately look them up local for sure! Kind of strange I don't see many antennas up but they may be runnin mobile! any way thanx Got to eat my pizza!

Later!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.