• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just heard listened to my first

mr_fx

Oct 8, 2011
Kansas City
... pirate radio board cast... the DJ called himself K5WRK... which is a HAM call sign... not being very careful is he... lol

12:20am Central time (USA) 6.930Mhz USB

... pirate radio board cast... the DJ called himself K5WRK... which is a HAM call sign... not being very careful is he... lol

12:20am Central time (USA) 6.930Mhz USB

Not at all unless its a hams call that he hates lol.

I use my fake call all the time when I'm up to no good.
maybe you'll hear me sometime N0QRP
If i can ever get a mail drop in the Pacific Atoll islands I'll have a nice vanity call, WH0RE
:D

Reactions: 1 person
I heard what I thought was a pirated callsign on 20m one time. Turned out his call was legit but what would you think if someone told you his call was RG8U? :blink:

14.313????? is the "M0RON" , fat mikey still using that call?:headbang

You wouldn't believe how many hams I have heard juuuuuust about (or do)give out their ham call while on the freeband or 11 meters. Maybe he goofed!

RT307

You wouldn't believe how many hams I have heard juuuuuust about (or do)give out their ham call while on the freeband or 11 meters. Maybe he goofed!

RT307

What's worse, accidently using your amateur call on freeband or using your freeband call on an amateur band?????

Try picking up the wrong HT microphone and calling a buddy on 2m you just met on the highway. The problem is that the HT microphone you accidentally grabbed is connected to the police HT and the telecoms radio officer and everyone else in the detachment hears you.:headbang I did that once while an auxiliary RCMP officer. I never lived down. :cry:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.