• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Just wanting to share with you all my new power supply

Cotton Mouth

Mar 8, 2007
Just wanting to share with you all my new power supply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went ahead and updated my current 250 amp to the 350 amp Dual Alternator set up with the SPL-Comp Dual Alternator set up in my 2005 GMC Sierra 4X4 Crew Cab, Duramax Diesel and also added the Dial A Volt option where it allows me to adjust from 13 to 18 volts from the driver seat with the dial added on the dash panel. You can get it with a cheater switch which is like N.O.S for your Amplifier when you need to add some more fire in the wire. 350 amp Stator each and the (Telsa Box) external rectifier can handle 3 times what most Rectifiers can handle, and has been tested up to 1000 amps. Also these Alternators have been coated with the Superconductor coatings which is designed to reduce the Temps of the Alternator which heat is the number one killer on Alternators and the Superconducter coating is what is used with the Space Shuttle to keep it from blowing up when returning back into earth. Also we added the Clutch Pulley System to the Alternators and that really makes the world of difference when you come up to a stop light or are slowing down the clutch will allow the Alternators to free well spin instead of slowing down to a idle, this way your volts don't drop off much when sitting there at a stop light you can key up that big box and not have your head lights dim low or stall out your ride.This will allow you to run just about what ever your wallet can afford with out a sweat. Don't need no Motor Maul or bank of batteries taking up all kinds of room, this way it leaves you more room for that Big Box. Also you can power some power tools off it as well, or need to run a extension cord out for something like a Battery charger you can. We have a 30' enclosed trailer that we haul our Snow mobiles out to the mountains in Wyoming that has lights heater and a area to get in out of the weather and relax and watch some T.V have a few drinks and we power off the truck. Ever had a situation where you needed to get some power to it before? Well once you have something like that you will come up with all kinds of situations to use it. At times I get calls to use it just for that reason, what ever your wildest dreams can dream up, you got it.
I'm going to attach a link where you can get more information on them if you like they also build other alternators to your specs and this guy knows his shit, I have been using them for years now and every new vehicle we get when we order them we don't order the HD Package we just order the Basic and then when we get it will update the Alternator and cables and what not and I have never had a problem with any of the Alternators he built for us, in fact the always out last the vehicle and in some case we have been able to transfer them over to another vehicle.
His name is Darren Flint the owner of Rush Power Systems and he is a real cool guy to deal with so if you got any questions just give him a call or email him and he will answer them or if your not for sure what size you need he will take care of all that for you, you just have to let him know what all your wanting to accomplish and the kind of power you need to run what ever and he will tell you how and which is the best way to power it and he will take as much time needed to make sure you getting what you need and have plenty of power to do it with too. Sorry for being so long winded but a subject like this one a guy can't hardly get enough information on.

Rush Power Systems - High Amp Alternators, Gear Reduction Starters, and other Automotive Electrical Products.
Rush Power Systems - Free shipping on the worlds best SPL stereo competition ultra high amp alternators

Cotton Mouth.

12-2.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0040.jpg

Here are a few pictures of my ride that I have been working on for the last 6 months. I have been updating all the electrical system along with updating and adding a bunch more grounds and we should be ready to fire it up and see if it was all worth it or not. I sure hope so as I have spent a shit load of money on this project.

Hope you all like what you see and I don't recommend this type of a project to to many guys unless you want to feel 10 years older and pull a lot of hair out in the mean time, but it has been fun and a learning experience a long the way.

Cotton mouth.

DSCF0143.jpg

DSCF0129.jpg

2007_0729GMCelectrical0035.jpg

2007_0623GMCelectrical0010.jpg

2008_0128GMCelectrical0091.jpg

2007_0623GMCelectrical0003.jpg

2007_0612GMCelectrical0002.jpg

2007_0612GMCelectrical0001.jpg

2007_0612GMCelectrical0008.jpg

122.jpg

That is an impressive setup there. You could probably cook a turkey in the oven if you had one in the back of the truck with all that amperage!
So - this setup will run how many pills/watts out?

Last edited:
Holy Frijoles, Inspector!

Wow, that is mightily impressive.

I'm headed out to take a pic or two of my not-so-impressive mobile setup now such that you may have a good laugh!!!!!!!

Fuzzy Arse

CM,

hows the truck project going?

im sure we would all like to see some more pics of your progress.
LC

holy cow:eek:that looks like my worst nightmare .be interesting to see it all back together.you got some work ahead of you my friend.
good luck with that.(y)

Well sence I took the photos not much really has changed that would be noticable if I re took them again. I have not had much time to do a lot to it the last few weeks as I spent a lot of time with the Kids before school started back up and that starts tomorrow here so I should have some more free time to work on it.

The only thing I did sence the photos were taken was I did a few updates to the Injector Harness that GM had a service Bulliten out on and finished up I hope with the last Wiring Harness, re wraping them which was a nitemare from hell. I can tell you one reason GM is going broke and struggling like they are is because they have cut back on so many things and cut so many corners and there quality of work is nothing to brag about and they do the basic to them enough to get it off the assemble line and out the door and off to the dealers for sale. I only found one ground out of the whole truck and it was just enough for all the lights and radio to work and hardly enough for that. The headlight harness where you plug the bulbs in have all been to hot and were melted to the bulb itself and no way to get the bulbs out and I had to cut the end off and replace those even. But shit your going to get me started and I could go on and on about all the screw ups they did. Here I thought spending all that coin on a new truck I was getting a nice truck until I tore into it like I did but it will be when i get finished.

Thanks for asking and I will keep you all updated here as I get going again on it.

Cotton Mouth.

cool.

so, your plan is to provide a better grounding system for the entire vehicle's electrical system?

im curious as to whether or not you are shielding wires, adding ferrite, or adding bypass caps to the wires going to different sensors from the computer? what about bonding body panels to the frame and engine block for a big groundplane for the antenna?

are you worried about messing with the vehicle's ECM, and fuel injection system when you are running all that power?

i hear ya about the newer vehicles being built just good enough to be "stock".
and they could care less about any sort of RF grounding. LOL

i look forward to seeing future posts on this project.
it is most intriguing.
LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.