• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

K40 Speech Processor Mic WANTED!!!

JJim

Jul 2, 2005
www.yoursaftnet.com
K40 Speech Processor Microphone

Does anybody here know if they are still available, or does anybody here have one they would like to sell. Years ago (approx. 1978-1979) I bought a K40 Speech processor mic from a LCBS. Back then, the K40 line was "Brand New" to the CB world. John, the owner, told me that the mic was the first he had ever seen and was not going to be carrying them since they cost so much. I then bought the ONE, AND ONLY ONE that he ever sold. I loved this mic for a few reasons.
1. The shape and contour was very "ergonimic" for it's day
2. It had a built-in magnet IN the back of the mic and I used to just stick it to the roof of my truck (1978 Dodge Pickup -base model- no interior linings)
3. The mic sounded fantastic!

If anybody know anything about this mic please let me know.

Thanks
-jim

I have one-- bad thing about them is they run off of a capcitor that charges and decharges with long keydowns--best thing with these is to run the power for the mic to a direct source like a battery of from the radio or whatever-- first bit when you keydown sounds good but seems to fade the longer you talk
If I remember the mic element was really cheap-- somethinglike a metal cup with tin foil over it
I still have the board from one (speech processor) and I might still have the mic case around
I have the board out of it anyways
Look on ebay for K40 mobiles-- that mic came stock with a small little cheap 40 channel K40 mobile radio-- your odds are better finding one with a radio than alone
Magnetic back was cool for those old trucks and vehicles with metal dashes
I have the processor board out of one-- I'll check for the rest

They were a good processor mic in there day-- never seen a mic element like the one used in those to this day

I have seen two versions of that mic. I had one with my
K-40 - 8 radio, and I saw them for sale years ago at a wholesale place called the COMB network. Another local guy has one that has a slide switch on it that works like a powewr mic hi lo control.

Butcher318 said:
I have seen two versions of that mic. I had one with my
K-40 - 8 radio, and I saw them for sale years ago at a wholesale place called the COMB network. Another local guy has one that has a slide switch on it that works like a powewr mic hi lo control.

Thats the same as the one I had here-- it had HI/LOW slide switch on the side

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.