• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KENWOOD TK-880H

rockenranger

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Dec 17, 2011
I have a keenwood tk-880h uhf mobile. i had a friend program it for me. when i went to pick it up he told me that i need to take it and have the firmware changed because it has a data burst at the end of every transmission that is not fleetsync.does anyone know how to fix this. thanks

Yeah it sounds like a ANI burst. I'm sure that the TK880 is field programmable.
Just download the service manual. I will see if I can find the answer for you

Can not remember if you can access the ANI settings from self program mode on page 18 however the kpg-49 software can be found on the net. Is is hard to find but it is out there. It may be just as better for you to play with the settings via the software instead of button pushing. Cables are available on eBay along with the software if you don't want to go searching for it

Got radio fixed it had a descrambling board installed in it. When that was unhooked and the firware redone work food now thanks for the help

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.