• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TS430s

Boogieman

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jun 1, 2009
FIXED-----------Kenwood TS430s

I just got a TS430s and the dial would not dial in a freq. (the buttons on the top of the mic work) The previous owner thought it might be the encoder, so he bought a new one and included it when I bought the rig.

When I changed the encoder out, I powered it up with power + A=B buttons.

Now the program display is outta control. It is almost as it was scanning through all channels.

Any ideas on what to do next?

Thanks
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Before I did anything drastic, a buddy of mine told me that his Dad once had a problem similar to this one. He told me that his Dad took the back of the encoder off and sprayed a little electronics cleaner.

When it dried, he put it all back together and reinstalled it and 'voila' it worked just fine.

His reasoning was that depending on the previous owners cleaning habits, dirt/dust/gunk/crap somehow got inside and did not let the 'lasers' do what they needed to.

Anyhow------------it's fixed. Chalk it up to old timer knowledge.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.