• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kenwood TS940sat question

Bandit169

Jul 6, 2005
North west Indiana.
Someone made a comment to me about a battery for the memory in my 940sat. Is there one in the TS940sat? and if so do i need to change it or not? I knew there is one in the TS50, but i ain't sure with the TS940sat.
Thanks and have a good one.
Steve, aka Bandit169nwind, Bandit169,CDX169.

yes it does have two batteries one behind the clock display and one on the bottom of the speaker you replace those batteries only when the radio loses the memory frequencies its not a big issue. it doesn't affect the performance of the radio. tx 73's

KENWOOD TS-940 PAGE

for more info look at the bottom of this page

Thanks, That helps alot. I will pick these up as soon as i can find a place around my area to buy them from. I was told if they go bad they can harm the board. An' i don't want that. Thanks again,73s .

Any battery can harm anything it's connected to/ placed in/on/around. It typically does that by 'leaking' on whatever is around it. A battery going 'dead' very seldom harms anything just by it going 'dead'. Timing is the biggy. If you have reason to believe the battery is no good anymore, replace/remove it now, not later (or too much later).
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.