• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Kids; try THIS at home . . .

That's not just scary it is FREAKING SCARY. Man, the HV and RF around that is wild. I'll pass. I have breadboarded some stuff in the past as a proof of concept sort of thing but I would NEVER do something like that.

Faraday cage taped inside of a refrigerator box on 5 sides and placed over the linear and table :). Is that safe enough ?

Not only does he use it for linear amplification... it also doubles as a bug zapper! Bet he doesn't have any flies in his house.

it's illegal to be used as either: in fact, some states use the electric chair as a more humane form of capital punishment

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Please advise me to what is a good replacement mic for my SR-497HPC... Answer: 497 is "wired like Cobra", so many choices available. That radio does not need a power mic, so purchase a stock "coffin style" mic with a decent cord, like the ones that Astatic uses. The Superstar DM-507 is my go-to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050474478...adANq91JSiEEnz8EGqPJRBloTgEyaVsBoCtoMQAvD_BwE $12.99 + .99 cent shipping.