• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KL503 and first Gen Magnum 257 for.........

dxhound

Nov 17, 2006
Hello,

I have a Like NEW KL 503 amplifier and a 9 out of 10 first generation Magnum 257. (some scratches from mounting bracket)

Both work very well. Setup to produce 325 pk on AM and 400 pk SSB when Amplifier is set to high.

The radio has limiter intact with no mods other than a larger value rheostat added for a wider adjustment of the AM carrier.

The radio has a second generation NEW face plate on it, which means the variable power/squelch knob is really only a squelch since the first gens didnt have variable power.

Im looking for a 2970/dx Preferably the smaller heat sink/cobra 200, or any radio with SSB capable of 100+watts.

The reason for me getting rid of this setup is that I am putting a radio in my 7410 John Deere and do not want an external amplifier to add to the already busy cab. I already have a planter monitor, spray monitor, and GPS in there.........Im running out of leg room HIHI

Forgot to mention. The outright sale price is $275. Not bad for a clean 400 watt setup!

If anyone is wanting to part with a KENWOOD TS 480sat or HX prefer HX. I may part with a Metron 10-160 solid state amplifier with remote and foot switch. Also in great condition

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.