• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

KX3 Heatsink

In point of fact, the first one I just made took 4.5 hours to make on a Haas CNC mill. That is a $450.00 expense up front for the prototype. Here is how it breaks down: There is Master Cad programming, rough out the blanks so they can be strapped into the mill, trial, adjust, another trial, adjust, mill. Oops, one hole is exactly its own diameter off. Programming mistake. Adjust, re-cut. Throw the mistake into the recycling bin.
Now to go to production- You have to produce 50 pieces or more to get the cost under $40.00. 50 x 40= $2000.
You now have a $2450.00 investment. If the seller is charging $50.00 he is making $10 per copy. He has to sell 245 pieces to break even. No profit yet. Do you think he can sell 245 heat sinks? He couldn't and that is why he is no longer in the heat sink business. BTW I am offering them for $55.00 in mill finish. You can email me directly at fsmeier(at)telus.net

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.