• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LAFAYETTE TELSTAT SSB-140

FLYSWATTER

Feb 1, 2009
Louisiana
i just thought i would share my disappointment with you all i found a lafayette telstat ssb140 base on ebay last night and couldn't help but bid on it ....for those that don't know from previous post i'm an otr truck driver and due to not having a wireless air card i couldn't get to a connection (thanks to be shared with the agonizingly slow forklift driver unloading me today) well i LOST the bidding war by 1 single solitary dollar ..... it sold for $51 ... :headbang

not knowing much about cb radios for some reason i just had to HAVE this one ... heh .. oops ... anyway i was looking for some input on the radio itself .. was it worth the price it sold? ... worth more? how did they perform? and any input into a worthwhile base station (just have to have one) as always any and all input is appreciated

They perform really good.
This is the same cybernet chassis {guts} as Hygain 5, RCA sideband and a host of others like the infamous Citizen M6 .

The list goes on . I hear people don't like because of the messy wiring inside.
they also have a good pll chip PLL02a for your modifing pleasure.

I think they are a great radio and have about 6 of them including a Lafayette Telsat ssb-140.

Keep the power down to around 4 or 5 watt and you will have plenty of modulation.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.