• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

LARGE Battery now available for Beofeng UV-5RPLUS

Received this battery after a slight shipping delay that wasn't the seller's fault. Fits and works perfectly. So here's your big battery for the UV-5R PLUS √

Reactions: 1 person
They finally got around to adjusting the case body or whatever so if you have a UV-5R PLUS you can get the bigger battery. I have one on the way. Was shipped the same day from this ebay seller:
Li ion Battery 3600mAh 7 4V for BAOFENG UV 5R Plus and UV 5R | eBay

would you be willing to please let us know how long the battery last with moderate use ?

I have a regular sized battery that bit the dust after only 30 recharges. and have to replace . would like some input on the bigger one before i buy , just want to see if its worth the few extra bucks. thank you.

I hate to tell you but that battery has been available for over a year. Just wish they made one for my HT!
- 'Doc

Actually, no I haven't. The normal battery that comes with it is an 1800mAh. That thing will power the thing for well over a day in normal use, very much longer if just listening. I'd love to have a battery twice that size but it's not really needed. The HT isn't my 'main' radio, isn't used much at all really. Wish I had a Rolls Royce too! ;)
- 'Doc

(That battery was available from Beofeng BTW.)
Sorry, my HT is from Wouxun.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually, no I haven't. The normal battery that comes with it is an 1800mAh. That thing will power the thing for well over a day in normal use, very much longer if just listening. I'd love to have a battery twice that size but it's not really needed. The HT isn't my 'main' radio, isn't used much at all really. Wish I had a Rolls Royce too! ;)
- 'Doc

(That battery was available from Beofeng BTW.)
Sorry, my HT is from Wouxun.

I bought two of the Baofeng 1800mAh batteries for my UV-5R and Plus just for that reason. Much easier for me to carry the lighter HT around, and pop in a fresh battery if I *really* get long winded. As you reported, most of the time the battery will last a whole day of normal talking/monitoring. I can get several days out of just monitoring. I may still buy one of the big batteries just because they are so cheap, though.

Brett

I bought one of these larger batteries for my UV-5RE and it took some substantial grinding on the battery case to get it to fit on the radio. Apparently these things aren't universal.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.