• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Let's play a game

Status
Not open for further replies.
yall are the most critizing sob's ive ever seen,the amp is not even finished yet and yall trying to pick it apart,im glad yall found yourself's something to do other than wackoff,bottom line is my amps work damn good ,i got feedback on several on different forums,plus half or more of the locals down here prefer my amps to any other.this forum is really a joke.hahahaha:(

These guys are a joke, whoever was saying shit because of the placement of the relay....haha that just shows how much you know. Lets see you guys build one. If it dosnt look like a davemade these ducks get their panties in a bunch cause there brainwashed and have no actual experience.

yall are the most critizing sob's ive ever seen,the amp is not even finished yet and yall trying to pick it apart,im glad yall found yourself's something to do other than wackoff,bottom line is my amps work damn good ,i got feedback on several on different forums,plus half or more of the locals down here prefer my amps to any other.this forum is really a joke.hahahaha:(

LOL....

You guys on ther phone collaborating on your response?

Keep it civil here guys.

Back on topic...just because there is "feedback on several forums" about the amps doesn't equate to any type of specific technical evaluation. I looked at several of the threads of the builds and completed amps. They just look like tye average class C CB amps to me. I'm not that skilled on the circuit design of amplifiers, but I see a few things that need to be taken into consideration (i.e. "improved upon"). There are the standard things that are missing from the typical CB amp: any form of bias, no output filtering of any kind, no RF filtering on the power leads, no thermal regulation for the transistors. I'm glad to see that they're having fun learning and trying to build stuff, but please keep learning, because there is some important stuff missing there. Like I said, I'm a novice with amplifier circuit design, so someone else can help fill in the details and give pointers on what else should be looked at more carefully.

Reactions: AMPOWER
Can someone give me an educated reason why the location of that relay is a problem?

Ill wait....

I'm not getting into this whole amp bashing thing here as I personally think that 99% of CB amps are crap but since you asked here is the main reason. When running unshielded wires carrying RF you want them to be as short as possible to avoid unwanted radiation or pickup and possible oscillations. Placing the relay between the RF in and out jacks will result in the shortest possible lengths of wire. BTW are those transformers at the top of the pix standing on one end at an angle?? If so then that is another problem.They could break connection if subjected to shock or vibration in a mobile installation.

I did get the $10.00 back for the sponsership.
However i did not get my $20.00 back for the donation for helping with keeping the forum going...as they say...
I was on that forum for a total of 3 days...
Guess they want a Drama forum... Not a educational forum...Heck gater on there is the best thing next to sliced bread over there...LOL
Need more info ?? let me know...

AMPOWER

Holy shit Batman! Where did he come from?:laugh:

I'm not getting into this whole amp bashing thing here as I personally think that 99% of CB amps are crap but since you asked here is the main reason. When running unshielded wires carrying RF you want them to be as short as possible to avoid unwanted radiation or pickup and possible oscillations. Placing the relay between the RF in and out jacks will result in the shortest possible lengths of wire. BTW are those transformers at the top of the pix standing on one end at an angle?? If so then that is another problem.They could break connection if subjected to shock or vibration in a mobile installation.

Holy shit Batman! Where did he come from?:laugh:

Don't know but he's due for a comeback, don't you think? Alien Abductor it's ok to say shit here, we're all big boys. Everybody poops. :D

Radioactive gets great comments from CBRT .

i must be paranoid , i feel like my 3rd forum banning is gonna happen soon .

Wait I never wanted to talk about another forum, I just wanted to talk about the bullshit amps that dude is building

Packed and ready for shipping. (y)

pict0671op0.jpg

Last edited:
Unbelievable.

Now if that isn't a professional outfit then I don't know what is...

i aint finished taping them up good yet,damn yall are seriously in need of something to do.lol

Ok I give up. Is that a couch cushion or a floor or what the hell am I looking at?

I think I see a cigarette butt on the left side...has to be a floor I guess?

Last edited:
OK my great O'l friends...I am back,,,I got a new heart now,,and feeling pretty spry...

I have too post this,,I don't want to upset the cart at all,,as some of you older members will remember me and the fact that I don't push BS around..

I am so happy too see,that even through the face change the board has had....Things have not changed in the least...What a breath of fresh air !!!

I have missed you guy's greatly..I know I left a thread open without finishing the build...I appoligize for that,and will try to remedy that with some new builds in the future...

I would also like to point out the short commings in that amp I see,,but,,,look's like there is no need too,as it has been picked apart already for it's short commings..lol

Also,,just what are these so called builders out there gonna do now that "Stew" doesn't carry them ready made boxes anymore???,,lol Ya think they will need someone to show them how too use a metal brake?

Hey...I have an idea....Let's build some MOSfet amps,then let's see how these guy's can butcher up a copy of that....lol

I have missed you guy's...I feel like it's a home comming for me all over again...

It's also a great thing too see that we all still have our great sense of humor and that the more things change,,,the more they stay the same !

Great to be back boy's !!

rfpowerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.