• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Light on Washington

CDX616

Apr 6, 2005
IOWA
Anyone know what would cause the meter light on a Washington to keep burning out.Thanks in advance CDX616 Mark back out

cdx616sig.jpg
</p>

Anyone know what would cause the meter light on a Washington to keep burning out.Thanks in advance CDX616 Mark back out

cdx616sig.jpg
</p>

Check the voltage setting of the internal power supply, it may be set too high, sometimes people turn them right up, as it can give SLIGHTLY more power, at the expense of stressing other components, make sure the power supply is not set any higher than 13.5V, most meter bulbs are meant for 12V, so the higher voltage normally used (13.8V) can cause them to fail sooner.

My suggestion is to install a resistor in series with the bulb, to reduce the voltage it sees, it will make it a little dimmer, but if you can get the voltage down to around 11V on the bulb, it should last MUCH longer.

The value of the resistor will depend on the bulb you use, I suggest trying a few values until you find one that gives about the right voltage to the bulb.

Hope this helps

The Defpom

www.radiomods.co.nz/

www.TheDefpom.com

www.s-and-m-software.com</p>

Check the voltage setting of the internal power supply, it may be set too high, sometimes people turn them right up, as it can give SLIGHTLY more power, at the expense of stressing other components, make sure the power supply is not set any higher than 13.5V, most meter bulbs are meant for 12V, so the higher voltage normally used (13.8V) can cause them to fail sooner.

My suggestion is to install a resistor in series with the bulb, to reduce the voltage it sees, it will make it a little dimmer, but if you can get the voltage down to around 11V on the bulb, it should last MUCH longer.

The value of the resistor will depend on the bulb you use, I suggest trying a few values until you find one that gives about the right voltage to the bulb.

Hope this helps

The Defpom

www.radiomods.co.nz/

www.TheDefpom.com

www.s-and-m-software.com</p>

Thanks for the reply Defpom have to check it out this weekend.73 and have Happy Thanksgiving coming up CDX616 Mark back out

cdx616sig.jpg
</p>

Thanks for the reply Defpom have to check it out this weekend.73 and have Happy Thanksgiving coming up CDX616 Mark back out

cdx616sig.jpg
</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    AKA- UDX122
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.