• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lights Dim When TX

hogrotten

Mar 15, 2012
I have two Cobra 25's I have done the mosfet mod to one and the swing mod to the other and with both of them the lights will dim when talking, is there any way to fix this?, and does it even make a difference? :confused:

Thanks,
H

I have two Cobra 25's I have done the mosfet mod to one and the swing mod to the other and with both of them the lights will dim when talking, is there any way to fix this?, and does it even make a difference? :confused:

Thanks,
H
Heavier gauge wire from battery to radio. Keep your factory cable short as possibly as well.

I had the same problem with my 959 after adjusting the modulation and adjusting the ssb alc(per Galaxy Tech intructions)and have severe dimming of the meter light while talking on ssb. I run 4 gauge(what was lying around) stranded wire from my battery to the radio with a short section of Galaxy inline fuse and plug to the radio. It hardly dims at all. Of course I haven't replaced the '754' transistor yet with the 12 amp/100 watt one yet. Before I had used the K40 power cord w/cig plug to my 15 amp power outlet before. Makes an BIG difference!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.