• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lincoln vs 2510

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Hey gang,

What exactly is the difference between the Lincoln and the HR2510 besides the colored buttons on the Lincoln? What does the Lincoln do that the 2510 doesn't?

Thanks!

Lincoln: Variable RF Power, Loc/DX Receive Switch
2510: Variable Receive, Hi/Lo Power Switch

:bdh: The Lincoln has variable power, a few different colored buttons and the later ones went to the MRF 455 final as the 477 went out of production. Other then those items I believe the rigs to be identical!
As far what one is better I would say the last version of the Lincoln would seem to be best.
Oldest examples of the HR2510 had a different CPU and it would go to 29.999.0 mHz, later ones only to 26.999.0 mHz. If there were any production run upgrades, that would be unknown.
Total run of all units must be in the tens of thousands.

73 mechanic

I have 2 Hr2510`s nether has a HI/Low Power Switch...are you thinking of the Hi/Low Mic Gain?

Jeff
This is interesting to me ? I just bought a HR2510 made in the Phillipines , (my first one) after two Lincoln's within the last year. Mine to has a Hi/Lo switch marked as the "TX" button . Works on both AM and SSB , With the button out on AM it does about 5 to 30 or so on AM and SSB , button in does about 12 to 50 AM and SSB . The final is a MRF497 ......not knowing these radios very well , I can only hope this isn't a bad thing.

Might be a different version, I have seen many of these radios and none with a high/low, but i would not be surprised.....they made small changes during production runs.
( on Edit)
As Zumble say`s below, some one may have added the hi/low function to the TX button.

Jeff

Last edited:
I've had two 2510s, the TX button keyed up the radios when pressed. I have no idea what this feature is used for. I suppose it could be used to tune swr or run a antenna tuner. I'd much rather the button be used for something more useful though.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.