• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lincoln WTF

hank_612

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Dec 3, 2011
Stl Mo
I just bought a Doc tuned Lincoln that is supposed to be chipswitched and has a cooling fan.

The RF power out has no effect on RF power out.
The roger beep does not work
The NB seems to do nothing
It swings 20 watts on AM and SSB( I was depressed)
The bands are both numbered and lettered. 9 is cb

Can anyone enlighten me to possible control changes that I must not be understanding?

So Sparky did the chipswitch and you took the cover off and looked inside? Uh oh; now the warranty has been made void.

Just kidding . . .
If you have a problem with Sparky's work, you have a receipt, and a phone number, a phone, and a finger. Why didn't you call him up instead of you frustration posting here? Sure he has some answers for you. I'm sorry; your post doesn't make sense . . .

It sounds to me like the radio was sold by someone who "claimed" it was a Doc tuned chipswitched radio radio. I take it this is a private sale? Sounds to me like if Doc did tune it that was some time ago. At this point someone else has been inside it and I would say you got taken on the deal. Hope you did not pay too much.

It was a private deal. Thanks for the responses. I was blown away last night that I got ripped off by a forum member. I sent that person an email and will pursue a refund.

So Sparky did the chipswitch and you took the cover off and looked inside? Uh oh; now the warranty has been made void.

Just kidding . . .
If you have a problem with Sparky's work, you have a receipt, and a phone number, a phone, and a finger. Why didn't you call him up instead of you frustration posting here? Sure he has some answers for you. I'm sorry; your post doesn't make sense . . .

Where did anyone say they bought anything from your pal Sparky?

Where did anyone say they bought anything from your pal Sparky?

Yea, I would be pissed if I was Sparky....he had NOTHING to do with the deal but some A$$ hat had to blame him for it. How do you like that!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.