• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lindenblad ????

KB3TQO

Mar 26, 2010
Chambersburg PA
Getting ready to start a lindenblad project. 70cm Parasitic lindenblad and for 2meters, an EZ-lindenblad. I dont understand why I would need two for each band (1 LHCP and 1 RHCP) if I do at all. Is it necessary to have one for each polarity on each band? This doesnt make any sense to me, can someone please clarify this for me. Thanks in advance.

Sure you do if you want to hear all the signals. LHCP and RHCP are akin to vertical and horizontal polarities in that if the signal is of the opposite polarity you are just plain not going to hear it very well if at all. On VHF weak signal stuff the wrong polarity is the difference between a fantastic signal and nothing heard at all.

Thank you for getting back to me. That part does make sense. I was under the impression that the signals from the birds were projected from whip antennas. As the satellite rolls and tumbles, you would adjust for polarity using a yagi by moving it from vertical to horizontal or vice versa. Are you saying that the birds are putting down either a LHCP or a RHCP signal?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.