• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Little Wilson Magmount ?

I like the Wilson 1000/5000 better than the K40. I like the K30 better than the Lil Wil. Hope you got it working but if not and need a replacement I think the K30 is better. Always had trouble in afew weeks with the Lil Wil as far as SWRs go. Hope you got it worked out Switch.

Wilson Lil Wil is a done deal here guys :( Looks like you get what you pay for . I must have got a lemon. I may not be no antenna guru but I sure have noticed over the years that if a antenna has good props from many and I hear them working in my receives over the years , chances are they are a good antennas.(or good enough) You follow the directions and 9 times out of 10 the good ones work everytime. (and or good enough) I surely won't be coughing up another 30.00 for one of them to soon in the future. (not that I did in the first place) but what the hay !! if they work , don't fix'um ! I honestly don't need anything speical over the years , the Wilson 1000/5000s have always got the jobs done and then some , even going from 102 inchers and 96 inchers (Francis) I still always end up back with my trusty Wilson roof mounts. Same goes for the base set up , under a 100 buck Maco Alpha V-5/8 is about all I've ever really needed for my operations , I just can't see sending a whole lot of money on special I-10Ks or any of the other speciality antenna's , IM basically a CB AM radio operator and I certainly don't need much to get the job done , I mean , what would a guy like me be doing on a 500.00 radio and a 400.00 antenna on basically a 5 dollar frequancy ? meaning the 11 meter trash band ?? seriously .....because I could ? I'll pass......Don't get be wrong , I love this hobby with a passion , it just doesn't have to cost me an arm and a leg to enjoy what I do.

how do i get my wilson 1000 trunk mount on my 2006 taurus to get lower then 2.0 swr...

damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobby

Been there done that with a Chevy Cavalier undertaker :( you need to do some serious grounding and it ain't fun , the truck lid to the sides of the back fenders ect.ect.ect. best I could get after hours of gounding this and that was a 1.8 !! it was good enough dude , it was my better halfs car and I just didn't put any power on it , she got out just fine on the match and did so for 2 years before she got a new car. Some cars (especially new ones can be tough ,especially truck mounts) Oh yeah , you could always change over to a magmount style , but check this out , on her Cavalier , it didn't help one bit as far as SWR was concerned :( but that don't mean you wont have better luck then I did, The 2.0 isn't as bad as you think it is undertaker , unless your dying to run power ? if that's the case ? I'd say you had a problem. If your not going to be running power , go ahead and just use the antenna at 2.0 and see how things turn out for you , chances are you will still be good to go.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.