• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Local channels in California?

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
hi all,

i will be taking a trip to northern california this coming monday, and staying until friday or saturday.

i will be driving I-15 south from nevada and connecting on to I-5, then heading north to around the Sacramento area.

can any of the California members of this forum tell me what, where, and when to check out the local channels on the way?

might be cool to shout out for a forum member while im on my journey, and it should be more fun than listening to trucker traffic on 19 the whole time.

thanks for any info on what the local channels are in the areas i will be in, and also any of the crazy characters i should be listening for. LOL
LC

AudioShockWave/Jeff/CDX-339 is someone I hear/talk fairly often with - from the Sierra Mtns into the San Francisco Bay Area.

38 LSB will surely be your friend - lotsa guys use that freq from the Sacramento area and the Central Valley.

Can't say about AM though; but I know there are a bunch there too.

Listen/call for "World Radio Eleven" as you come out of the Sierras on 38 LSB. I usually have my rig on and close by me.

Hope to make the contact to you.

Hey Lc Becarfull on I5 get really foggy from grapvine on ppl drive crazy from Stockton on to Sac, Where are you coming from? also if you speak spanish channel 20. Ben:)

thanks guys!

SSB eh?

guess that means ill be hooking the 148gtl up in the truck.

i dont speak enough spanish to talk on 20, but i will shout "holaaaa" just for fun.
can i shout "goooaaaallll!"? LOL

im guessing 17 is an alternate trucker channel for when 19 is busy.

hey!

thanks for the driving tips!

please post anything else you think i might want to know about on this drive.

I am coming from Las Vegas, and am going to a small town near Chico.

i have driven the I-5 once before, but it was about 10 years ago on a trip to Oregon, and it was in the summer.

gimmee somma dat inside cali info!
LC

Hi lc instead of going so far down to pick up i5.When you ger to Barstow pick up 58 to Bakersfield go north a bit on 99 then pick up 58 to i5. Or stay on 99 to Sac . Both i5 and 99 both end up in same are in Sac. Take a look at a Map and you will see what im saying. You will be passing where im at by 2 hrs.A little spot on the map King city 10,000 ppl and 1 stop and go light lol.Drive safe if you want i can give you my land line incase you have problems.Let me know if you want it. Ben(y)

Robb and Ben, thank you guys so much.

mapquest already shows me to pick up the 58 then the 99 then to I-5, but i noticed i can take either the 99 or the I-5 pretty much all the way to Paradise, which is the city im going to.

any advantages to either one?

im thinking I-5 will be better because it has more lanes, and probably doesnt get as much local traffic as the 99 does.

if there is a preferrence, please let me know.

LC

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.