• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Log's & QSO

W1MSG

Now W1MSG
May 9, 2010
MA
Ok so what is everyone using to log qso's off the birds ??

I signed up at eqsl.cc , seems pretty easy and I have about 23 contacts logged so far.

Wondering if anyone could recommend some good easy software that will transfer.
I am also in the process of doing the Logbook thing with ARRL.

If I were into logging, I would use Ham Radio Deluxe. But since I don't log anything, I'm not the one to ask :)

Well I am not so much into logging but I wanted to keep track of the folks I talk with on the Sat's. So far I have talked to Texas and Washinton State which is pretty cool.

Havent gotten anything off the 51 for two days, not sure if they changed modes or not ? Nothing on the AO-51 web site.

The log book in Ham Radio Deluxe is a great general logging program. You can upload your log automatically to eQSL and export a file to upload to Log Book of the World.

HRD also has a great satallite tracking software package.

Well I am not so much into logging but I wanted to keep track of the folks I talk with on the Sat's. So far I have talked to Texas and Washinton State which is pretty cool.

Havent gotten anything off the 51 for two days, not sure if they changed modes or not ? Nothing on the AO-51 web site.

AO-51 was on just now(1135 UTC), there is some info on the amsat message list about battery issues when the sat is eclipsed

AMSAT-BB Mailing List (by date)

Just looked at the Ham Radio Deluxe, way more stuff tha I need. Downloaded ALog from N3FJP. Looks like a much easier log program for what I am doing and I can upload direct to eQSL and LoTW. Still looking at all the features but not as confusing as HRD.

Bsaed on recommendations here and a few other places around the net, I use Ham Radio Deluxe (HRD). While HRD has WAY more bells and whistles than I need right now, it is impossible to beat the integration and list of features for the price (free). With the latest version, the log book and satellite portions of the program are separate programs, so I normally only open 1 or the other.

In the satellite program, the radar scope is easy to use during a pass and the "Tuning Bar" allows me to quickly glance to check doppler shift on the UHF side. The easy integration with eQSL and LotW are big selling points for the logbook program to me.

I am also trying out "Satellite Tracker" on my iPhone. The free version seems to have all you need. Big benefits of this app:
- it keeps an updated page of "next passes" for all of your selected birds with a countdown timer. I rcvd APRS beacons from ISS last night because the little program alerted me to a pass that I had missed in HRD. GREAT pass by the way... ISS was extremely bright at the beginning of the pass (thought it was an aircraft). ISS AND PCSat (I beleive) were both visible and appeared to be flying in formation.
- it has an elevation ring that changes based on the elevation of the iPhone. Doing my pre-pass practice arcs is very easy once I have my AOS/LOS bearings.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.