• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Long sweeping key up sound??

radioman24

Jul 19, 2009
Earlier today when the skip was rolling in on channel 19. I heard someone with a longer than usual key up tweety bird sound. It started high than tapered off to a lower tone.

I have owned several tweety birds not not one as unique as this one.

Is there a mod to make them longer with a better sweeping sound??

If it's the original tweety bird from the 70's with the momentary push button switch with a capacitor across it, just make the capacitor higher in value. I think the stock cap is .047uF

Yeah I'm not sure witch one he had but man the pitch and length was perfect.

Do you own any?

That one started out with the lowest pitch, rising as it faded out.

He said the pitch went the other way, starting high then falling in pitch.

Not quite the same.

It was like a whoop but longer like whoooooooooooop if you know what I'm saying?

I wonder why people do the vfo wind up mods on a 148 gtl and grant lt, to me it seems like a waste of a good Ssb radio. I can’t help but think it makes the clairifier unusable.

From what i understand is the vfo wind up only negates the clarifier if its been unlocked. Otherwise it works as it should.
I use mine as an agitator for my douchebag locals when they start playing games. I don't use it much but it sure pisses em off when i do.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.