• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Lookin' for built pair of 4-1000's..

High Miler

May 30, 2005
Pennsylvania
Due to particular interest on 75 Meter AM am lookin' for a built (well built-not superbowl box) amplifier w/ a pair of 4-1000's or something in the ball park...

Step-start switch, excessive grid shut-off etc... something that is well built, not slapped together with minimal effort and sold for $1,000's, won't mention any names here.. That's not what this post is about.

Anyone know of one or who I can contact please let me know, Thanks and good day to you all.

Kevin

A PAIR of 4-1000's? :shock: A single tube will run the legal limit on 75m AM with lots of room to spare.Oh wait...."lots of room to spare". That's what the second tube is for right? ;) I'll be running a pair of 4-400's on 75m AM at my Canadian limit of 750 watts carrier power and there is still headroom.

Take a look at amfone.net/Amforum/index.php. You may have better luck there.It's where all the big strappers hang out when 75 is closed. ;)

On edit: Upon closer inspection of said site I believe you are already familiar with it. ;) Good luck!

QRN said:
A PAIR of 4-1000's? :shock: A single tube will run the legal limit on 75m AM with lots of room to spare.Oh wait...."lots of room to spare". That's what the second tube is for right? ;) I'll be running a pair of 4-400's on 75m AM at my Canadian limit of 750 watts carrier power and there is still headroom.

Take a look at amfone.net/Amforum/index.php. You may have better luck there.It's where all the big strappers hang out when 75 is closed. ;)

On edit: Upon closer inspection of said site I believe you are already familiar with it. ;) Good luck!

Ran into a gentleman in Columbiana,Oh on 75 AM and he sounded great... He had the thing loafing and it was cruisin' to the tune of about 60+ on my meter.. This AL-80A just ain't gonna do what I want that's for sure..

Thanks for the heads up... :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.