• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking at New meters SWR-Watts

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
I was looking at new SWR meters I have a dosy meter Tc4001 and It's not working like it should. Should I buy a Bird 43P big dollar$ would like peak reading and be able to check 4 watts to 500 watts. I also see the Dosy TC3001P three meters nice but modulation on a meter ?? or a nice ham radio meter like the DAIWA CN-801HP HF/VHF Bench Meter. this is my choice and looks the best as far as price and reliable ...

I almost drove past Ham Radio Outlet. I Bought the Daiwa CN-801 HP meter, Very nice, 20,200 and 2KW watts also peak reading and peak hold function.Very Bright and clear vith a nice size and weight to stay put on the bench. Light can also be turned on and off and the neddles are cross reading for SWR' foward and reflected power 1.8 to 200 MHZ at this Time I have had enough guessing with my old Dosy meter and the 149.00 was well spent:D

I got one of those on my Christmas(or before)list. I don't think my MFJ-971's meter works right. Shows too high a dead key in the 300 watt range and not enough in the 30 watt range.

YUP, I am not going to take screws out it's young and unmolestid I just broke a seal telling me to read the manual. For the first time I read the manual....Theres a first for everything.I felt Like I was being Watched?

Attachments

• Daiwa.JPG
    Daiwa.JPG
    210.9 KB · Views: 9
  • Daiwa2.JPG
    Daiwa2.JPG
    712.7 KB · Views: 5
Some may poke fun at it but for around $40.00 I picked up a brand new Radio Shack 21-534 Swr/Pwr meter at my local Radio Shack.
I was also looking for a new meter and didn't want to stick a lot of money into it.
3-30 MHZ
20/200/2000 watt scale in avg or pep.
I couldn't be happier.

Some may poke fun at it but for around $40.00 I picked up a brand new Radio Shack 21-534 Swr/Pwr meter at my local Radio Shack.
I was also looking for a new meter and didn't want to stick a lot of money into it.
3-30 MHZ
20/200/2000 watt scale in avg or pep.
I couldn't be happier.

The Meter from The Shack is nice, I needed something that is Larger and reads SWR and Power at the same time also peak reading. I wanted Modulation % but have not had good luck with it on a meter.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.