• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for a cb

doctor

Supporting Member
Aug 1, 2006
indiana
My trusty trc416 finally died after 15 or so years......
I am looking for another radio about the same dimensions<it fits into the console. 4 1/2 inches across and 6 inches long and a couple of inches tall, any suggestions on this????
am is fine, and no cobra 19 it's made in a noodle factory, I have one as a standby ...

doctor

Hmmm , seen them Cobra 19s (plastic case) hold there own over the years , they also tend to tune up with the best of them , 5 to 20 / 100% modulation and sound damned good on there 1000 ohm gray handled stock mic's !! I ran one of those back in 1990 for about a year , watts down into a 200 HL with a 575 M6 , I truly had a great time on that radio !! I'll never forget the light show on it !! For those of you that think a Cobra 19 don't work , You got another thing come'in . OH , and those 510's and 20's can hold there own as well. Every now and then ,big things can come in small packages.......but for the most part , whatever you do. Don't skimp on your antenna system.............in many ways shapes and forms.........it really is all about them there antennas (-:

yea i had cobra 19 IV it worked really great. i returned it after i broke it back to wally walmarts and bought a pc68xl and that really nice.. prices range for the 19IV around 34-46 dollars new.
the pc68xl is an awseome radio for 62 dollars.

You know your right Stoner dude on the PC-122's !!! What a little power pack of a radio those were !!! Freak'in monster audio on those little back pocket sidebanders !!! 25 watts on SSB without a sweat !!! The voltage regulator and audio chip are next to each other and they are doubled up on the heat sink type situation , they get hot !! but I personally haven't seen any go !! If one might be new to SSB , this is also one hell of a starter radio , very decent on ssb if I say so myself.......they really do hold there own. Damn it !!! If they only would have put a cotten pick'in mic gain on them (damned money pintchers !!) same goes with the TRC-465 / Cobra 146 / TRC-451 ect. ect.
Triple 2 ...........You can't beat 62.00 for a new PC-68XL !! just another decent AM only big audio radio. Enjoy

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.