• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for a DIN sized CB radio with a couple of specific features

loosecannon

Mar 9, 2006
Hi all,

Im not well versed on all the latest offerings in the CB market as i tend to enjoy/work on older equipment for the most part.

however, the factory stereo in my van is starting to act flaky and im in the process of replacing it.

This particular vehicle has a double DIN opening, so i would like to put the new stereo on top and put a CB radio underneath.

The specific features i need are thus:

1. has to be a DIN sized radio.
2. has to have SSB
3. has to be expandable beyond the normal 40 channels

i figure im going to have to go with an export in order to accomplish this, as im told that the current FCC certificated radios are not convertable.
i'd love to be proven wrong about that!

So, those of you in the know about new-ish radios for sale, what should i be looking at?

i don't care so much about a front firing speaker as i always use an external speaker, and although a front mounted mic jack would be nice, i believe i can work around that if need be.

thanks in advance!
LC

I think all of the DIN sized radios will have a front mic because they are designed to be mounted in dash if the user so chooses.

I think your best option would probably be to look at the Lincoln II. That seems to tick all of the boxes you are looking for.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Howdy,

You might look into a McKinley or an Anytone Quad 6. If you get the McKinley EU version, it is expandable, but you'd have to do your research.

Hi all,

Im not well versed on all the latest offerings in the CB market as i tend to enjoy/work on older equipment for the most part.

however, the factory stereo in my van is starting to act flaky and im in the process of replacing it.

This particular vehicle has a double DIN opening, so i would like to put the new stereo on top and put a CB radio underneath.

The specific features i need are thus:

1. has to be a DIN sized radio.
2. has to have SSB
3. has to be expandable beyond the normal 40 channels

i figure im going to have to go with an export in order to accomplish this, as im told that the current FCC certificated radios are not convertable.
i'd love to be proven wrong about that!

So, those of you in the know about new-ish radios for sale, what should i be looking at?

i don't care so much about a front firing speaker as i always use an external speaker, and although a front mounted mic jack would be nice, i believe i can work around that if need be.

thanks in advance!
LC
An export McKinley would fit your requirements.

thank you for the suggestions!

I like both the mckinley and the lincoln but i believe i wouldn't have the depth required for the lincoln. just looked as its specs and its 10 inches depthwise.

if the EU mckinley is the same size as the FCC version, then its only 6 inches in depth and would be pretty much perfect.

so, where can a fella get an export mckinley?
do i have to order one from France?

LC

thank you for the suggestions!

I like both the mckinley and the lincoln but i believe i wouldn't have the depth required for the lincoln. just looked as its specs and its 10 inches depthwise.

if the EU mckinley is the same size as the FCC version, then its only 6 inches in depth and would be pretty much perfect.

so, where can a fella get an export mckinley?
do i have to order one from France?

LC
As I recall, it matched the McKinley FCC that my son has (but compare the sizes online to be sure). My EU looks just the same as the FCC. Just google Knights Telecom or "President EU" and you'll get several links from the UK. Knights ships to the US, and they're fairly fast getting it to you. I got my George II from them, and it arrived in Texas well packed and in one piece. Works great. It'll be somewhat costly due to the conversion of the UK pound to the US dollar though. Good luck!

Reactions: loosecannon

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.