• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for Antenna Equipment advice.

Crawdad7

Nebraska 128
Dec 21, 2019
Omaha, NE
3-4 Element H Beam on Roof Mount Tripod for Ks. tornado alley. Need manuf/equip. recommendations Maco, Cushcraft, Lightning, Gizmotchy...?

Well it's hard to beat a 4 element Lightening quad if that's not too big of an antenna. If your going with a 3 then a Maco 103 is a good choice. Another one to look at is the 3 element Maco V quad. Lots of choices out here.
4 Element Lightening Quad YES I have read the good I'm glad you mention that. Marconi was not fond if I remember correctly in some discussions here. Seems Yagi design is pretty hard to beat from what I gather & somewhat agree. Maco manuf quality is good huh?
I will read more on the Lightening Quad. However I do not need Vertical. IMAX only couple yrs old does superbly in all regards. Thank You for your feedback!

Reactions: Marconi
4 Element Lightening Quad YES I have read the good I'm glad you mention that. Marconi was not fond if I remember correctly in some discussions here. Seems Yagi design is pretty hard to beat from what I gather & somewhat agree. Maco manuf quality is good huh?
I will read more on the Lightening Quad. However I do not need Vertical. IMAX only couple yrs old does superbly in all regards. Thank You for your feedback!
If your looking for quality its really hard to beat a Mosley 4 or 5 element yagi. I am running a 4 element Lightening quad and only using the horizontal polarity on it. Works very well.

really hard to beat a Mosley 4 or 5 element yagi!!!!
(y)(y)(y):love:(y)

AGREE! Want the BEST in today's market? NOTHING beats a MOSLEY for quality, longevity and performance!!!! NOTHING!
All the Best
Gary

CB link above:

Homepage/All antennas

Reactions: Crawdad7
(y)(y)(y):love:(y)

AGREE! Want the BEST in today's market? NOTHING beats a MOSLEY for quality, longevity and performance!!!! NOTHING!
All the Best
Gary

CB link above:

Homepage/All antennas
I will check them out! Thank You

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned