• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Looking for someone to service a Yaesu FT-840

TonyV225

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 18, 2005
Wisconsin
Anyone out here repair these?? Or know anyone that services these thats good and reasonable. I wanted to sell this and get something new I had my eye on since I have 2 of these but its acting goofy so it needs to be looked at. This has not been my week let me tell ya.. :roll: :roll:

its got a flashing screen and the meter light is out then when apart theres a big resistor thats getting hot next to the I believe main transistors. Now I had it apart and these transistors were soldered poorly and loose I took care of that and everything worked meter light and all no wable sound in recieve all was good I talked on it for a bit. Then I put it all back together and it seems 0k then all of a sudden the meter light pulsates like a surge brightning and dimming kind of blinking the wable sound comes back meter light goes out no recieve and the screen blinks again sometimes if I tap on it it comes back to good for a few Or if its apart you pull around on the board it comes in and out Im thinking a short or bad ground. I just want this fixed Its got me P.Oed :evil:

Thanks for the info I am familiar with them I just helped my inlaws move tonight they just moved to Wis after 3 years in SD.
This whole Yaesu thing was just enough to put me over the edge after the Bu!!$h!+ week I had this past week absolutely nothing went right I guess it shouldnt beable to get much worse well I better not say that knock on wood.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.