• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

looking for someone too do up my radio

minitrucker

Dec 1, 2006
LONDON ONTARIO canada
i recently purchased a uniden 68xl i need a small radio for my little car.....the radio is stock i would like talkback installed green nitro knobs green meter and channel leds and tuned with 2-4 watts dk and 10 swing too drill my ts 667 what would i end up paying for these mods ?

Then do it like this. All the stuff is at Radio Shack. If you don't have a meter, buy one and consider it a gimme since you aren't paying anyone to do the work.

The Talkback is simply a resistor bridging the ground on CB and PA jacks on the back of the radio. Try a 47 ohm 1/8 W.

The Rat Shack also has the 5MM LED's for your meter. Different colors, I think a 100 ohm resistor on the anode side( the side that isn't flat) will make it work, others correct me if I'm wrong.

I've done it, I just forget, sometimes.

I would like talkback installed.

Check out a truck stop for a plugin variable talkback. That is if you have a speaker and PA output. Worked great for me on a cobra 29. It runs to output to an external speaker.
Find the limiter diode and put a resistor in series to raise the Modulation. Add a good power mike and you got it. That way you won't butcher the radio. Good Luck.

My God man ! you have a 667 ! Send it to DTB ? From what I understand he is anti-swing kit ! which is understandable. CB Tards mod will work fine , but I'd surely leave D10 alone ! anti-spiking diode is there for a reason , it ain't worth the extra watt if that ! I don't have a problem with a simple cap/resistor mod , 1000ohm35volt with 1 watt resistor for the DK. Noth'in wrong with take'in things in your own hands minitrucker , it's your stuff. You have a nice healthy box there to take care of your power needs dude. I mean , if you want perfect (if there's such a thing ?) I'd have it benched and let someone whom has the tools of the trade dial the stuff in for you , chances are it would be around 1 watt DK into your box , swinging maybe 4 or so at 100% modulation from your radio. I'd say you had plenty of watts to take care of your needs from there.The best of luck to you man.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.