• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

lots of noise on low power connex 3300 hp

rich_1833

Sep 3, 2009
Im running a connex 3300hp w/rk-56 mic, Midnight Specail 700 amp and a Stricker antenna (for now). Its been up and running great for a few weeks. Just today I got a report that it "sounds like the windows are down". I start checking everything out and what I have come up with is that even with the amp out of the pic it's the radio. On low power it has alot of noise. On high it goes away. I have low set to 2 watt dk and high at about 7 watt dk. Anyone know what I did.

I did some testing of my own and have found that it is not the radio at all. It seems to do it if im driving but if I stop it stops. I tried two different radios and same thing. So what to look at now. I can not hhear this noise on my end its on the person thats listenings end. and its when I key up.

well I think ive got it fixed for now. I had to turn the mic gain down to almost off. It was just picking up to much background noise, as i would drive down the road. Everyone says it crystal clear now and still has good audio. Just cant hear myself it talkback but o well.

well I think ive got it fixed for now. I had to turn the mic gain down to almost off. It was just picking up to much background noise, as i would drive down the road. Everyone says it crystal clear now and still has good audio. Just cant hear myself it talkback but o well.

If the other person is hearing it then you have a bad ground someone where. Run the ground for the (power wire ) radio to the frame as well as a wire attached to the side of the radio and the amp to the frame as well. You can also check the ground for the alternator,pull if off and clean the mounting location with sand paper. Also check the ground that is attached to the engine block,if this is bad then you need to replace. I dont care what kind of setup you have,you can never have enough ground!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.