• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Loudest Export radio out today?

211 in tha mag

Apr 11, 2005
OK, what is the loudest radio on AM today on the market, dont matter if it has a built in linear or not. Also Best sounding one on SSb? lets here them fellows.

1 radio huh ? Well I think loudness is in the hands of the tech whos been in it and the user behind the mic and radio , I've heard so many loud exports or not exports you can take your pick.I've heard some clipped ones that would rattle your fillings out of your head. It's kind of like I grew on Jack in the Box and some folks are totally McDonalds , take your pick , there all full of shit. :p

Again with the "loud". Undefined and purely subjective.

"Loud and clear" is a good, valid signal report. You can be loud and NOT clear. You can also be clear and not loud.

undertaker said:
RCI 2970 DX

President Lincoln

Both for SSB

Connex 4400 HP Tuned by 8541 Electronics 55 watts AM

Just because a radio has a lot of forward swing doesn't automatically mean the audio is loud. I have heard some radios that kill on the modulation/ peak meters but were no louder than anything else.

I understand why the companies are using built in linears but having a cooling fan (or twin fans) sounds like just something else to go wrong with the radio.I realize the need for the fans but seems like trouble down the road.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.