• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Low receive audio on TS 50S

jc4950

May 16, 2005
NJ Trooper
I have a Kenwood TS 50S and from time to time, when receiving on LSB/USB, the receive volume gets very low and muffled. I can see on the meter that the receive sensitivity is not low just the volume. The AIP or ATT is not on but you can here the volume get low but after some time, it goes back to normal. I have seen on other posts that this is a common problem with the TS 50S and can be a leaky capacitor. Thanks for the help Joe 2AT054

I have a Kenwood TS 50S and from time to time, when receiving on LSB/USB, the receive volume gets very low and muffled. I can see on the meter that the receive sensitivity is not low just the volume. The AIP or ATT is not on but you can here the volume get low but after some time, it goes back to normal. I have seen on other posts that this is a common problem with the TS 50S and can be a leaky capacitor. Thanks for the help Joe 2AT054

sounds like you found your own problem, check for a leaky capacitor.:mellow: 73s

Sir, are you comfortable working on the radio? If so, I can help you out and point you right to the problem. If you have good soldering skills, a steady hand, and a fine tip soldering iron we can get it back up and running...no problem.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.