• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Low receive on yaesu ft101E

H

Hf talker

I scored a yaesu ft101e radio & everything works perfect except
that the receive is really quiet. a 30db signal comes thru at about
7db on the meter and sounds that way too. i cleaned & checked the rx lamp fuse on the back, also cleaned the rig in & out, found no obvious burnt parts. it has a cb shop sticker on the back that says it was serviced & tuned, i dont think they did a bad job because the radio is perfect. (on freq,etc..) any ideas?

Hf talker,
The first thing to check is if the RF gain control is all the way up. After that, it gets a little more complicated.
- 'Doc

I tend to doubt if 'perfect' is going to apply to that particular radio since it obviously isn't. Sorry 'bout that...

This may be a longshot, check the preselect on just the recieve only...if it comes up, but d/k watts fall....then mabye one (or two) of the slugs on the "gang" tuning has been disturbed. You can often tell by the location of the factory seal or glue (on the springs) where they originally were. TX watts and RX sensitivity should track together with the preselect. Also make sure the contacts are clean on the "stand up" boards, a pencil eraser works good. And then there's that relay in right rear in the PA area (be careful...voltage,even unplugged). Just a few places to start (if you haven't already) and I hope this helps ya. 73s, Pluto.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.