• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MAC292OH10's mudduck CB shack & DIY PC

MAC292OHIO

Mar 31, 2009
before this turns into a TVI/IMD thread/ham vs CB yappity yappity thread :love::bdh:

...first off, antenna is an I-10k i got from jay back in 2002, it has performed flawless for many yrs now(many wind storms/lighting storms have completely destroyed other local operators, but thankfully i have never had a problem), THX JAY!!!

... the 99V is smooth as butter(nothing Hacked),some light interference on the cheapo logitech x-240 speakers(probably nothing a stock mic and some ferrite chokes wont fix), but even @750W--->1000w on the bird43(NO pep kit) from the SB-220 the 1080P ASUS monitor NEVER shows interference and it does have built in speakers,i can watch HD TV thru my PC's uner without a TV problem either(neither does the old Westinghouse HD-TV with rabbit ears in the living room)

astron 7amp/DX99V/D104 M6B(old style)----astron VS-70/2pill junker----HEATHKIT SB-220----Bird43(no pep kit)...also have a Daiwa CN-101L that is not pictured and many other CB & export radios and a few mobile amps...

{click to resize}

here is the BUDGET DIY PC build i finished a yr or so ago...the e5200 is now CRUISING @3.7 ghz all day, rock solid stable prime95 for days on end...(y), needs a good dusting out tho....

{click to resize}

Cooler master 690M
ASUS P5Q SE2
Intel E5200 @3.7ghz+ / XIGMATEK s-1283 HDT cooler
2GB Kingston DDR2 1066(oc'd)
Nvidia 8800GT/Thermal take DuOrb cooler
OCZ stealthXstream 500W PSU
ASUS DVD-RW drive
Creative soundblaster audigy SE
logitech x240 2.1
WIN TV 7/hauppauge 1600(HD TV tuner)
el cheapo logitech keyboard/mouse combo

Last edited:

When did you clean it last time?
Mike

its been a couple months since i took the air duster to it, i run it with the side panel off and all fans @100%...as you can see, the heatsink cooler sucks up dust like a vacuum...:laugh:...surprisingly idle/load temps only rise ever so slightly...

typically idles around 38C with 65-70 degrees or so ambient....loads prime95 around 52...with an ambient @80F idle is around 42--->44C/100% load in prime95 57-->60C...i have some screenies from Everest somewhere on my HDD....BTW thermal paste used was arctic-silver 5...

That is my rig:

P5K Premium, air cooling.
Mike

very nice....5ghz on air is certainly impressive....your vcore is well past the limits of my bravery....i have my vcore set very modest, i could likely get to 4ghz and not go past 1.41 after vdrop....

30_1240343806.jpg

VID of my c2d is 1.2375V but it can do 4GHz 2280FSB easily with 1.168V.
Everyday I run it 500x8 4GHz 1.12V. 46 degrees C under load.
Mike

30_1240343806.jpg

VID of my c2d is 1.2375V but it can do 4GHz 2280FSB easily with 1.168V.
Everyday I run it 500x8 4GHz 1.12V. 46 degrees C under load.
Mike

what no 600FSB??? personally im not a big fan of running a insanely high FSB/low multiplier...or toasting all the mosfets on the board just for bragging rights...if you run 3990 every day,what was the point of posting a 5ghz screenie???try running prime95 @80F ambient for days on end @5ghz & 600fsb...anyone can boot up some nice numbers for a CPU-Z screenie...

but i get your point, nice e-peen your flexin their bro impressive numbers...you do realize this is just a shack picture thread and not a king of OC'ing thread correct???, if you read correctly you will note that i said BUDGET system build...

before we continue lemme guess, you have a GT300/Fermi or a 5970x2 that does a bazillion mhz core/shader/mem on air... or at this rate i imagine you have a multiple 3cx15,000's just chillin with quadruple stacked quads @5000ft and you can key-out sun light...:LOL: :love:

Ohh, nice setup.. I used to have an e5200 and I loved that thing, like $50 and it was doing nearly 4ghz on air. Nothing like that 8400 doing 5ghz, insane clocks bro. 4ghz is far more than needed for what I use it for (visual studio 2008, movies, tv eps, forums, lol). I haven't played many games recently, but I'll probably get bad company 2 when it's out. I'm doing something similar with keeping my cb equipment with my pc build tho. Still in progress to an extent. Great minds think alike!

My pc is of course is done, as I always have it: I run a q6600 @ 3.4ghz on a gigabyte motherboard with a ultra 700 modular ps in an ulta grid case. I've got 4gb of g-skill with a set of z5500's and a gtx250 (i don't game much).. My LCD is a 42" 1080p sharp aquos, which is overkill, but it's a fun setup and I got a crazy deal on it when Circuit City was going out of business. I do have pics of the setup, I'll have to add with you guys pics. It sits on top of an executive desk I got that is really freaking nice.

Soon as I get paid this week I'm going to go ahead and order the LP-100A meter and run it to the PC.. long long term, wouldn't it be fat to put a software defined radio on our pc's though? :) The pc modders with the pc radio's. Oh well, maybe after everything else is done.

I have a set of laser 400's and 2 10kw gammas in the corner, along a t2x rotor/control box and new wire. I also have all thimbles, turnbuckles, guy anchors, equalizer plates, guy brackets, 1000' 3/16" ehs guy wire, and 120' of rohn 25g under the deck (but I only have guy wire room for 50-60', so I'll probably be going 80' on the tower tops).

Right now I only have a rci 2980 barefoot hitting a 2100b (300-350w) hitting 3 3-500z's (3500w+), but a 3cx3000a7 from a very reputable builder is in the very near future (probably going to wait til tax time). I have a behringer mixer and a shure condensor microphone in the closet, but it is not yet in line. I'm not up to date, in that respect.

The only prob I seemed to have, I had a set of 5 elements @ 40 ft, and the 500z's would knock my optical mouse out. :( I suspect though, with the tower further from my house (was using house bracket before), and up higher, along with less spurious emissions from loafing a 3000a7 instead of running 500z's into saturation that it'll probably help some too.. I also can't turn my logitech's on if I'm talking radio :(

All this sits on top of a very nice executive desk. It's been a long term project, that I'm still trying to finish. I think eventually I want to move away from the mo-powa, and start going towards ham though. I am taking my exam Jan 26th.

You guys post on hardforum? (hardocp)?

Josh

I have no idea what all that computer speak is but I assume you have one hell of a fast pc. Windows must crash at lightning speed on that thing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.