• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Maco 200 Amateur

silvereagle1

May 4, 2012
Hi all i have a Maco 200 amp and on the back is a place that says match and looks like you use a plastic screwdriver to turn it. Is this a antenna match? If not what is it for and how do you use it? Thanks God Bless.

Yes should be. Many of the tube amps with a rear adjustment is for SWR tuning. Wether it is for the radio side or antenna side ...... depends on the amp.

Input tune match. Matches the input to the amplifier.

Stock the best you will be able to et is about a 1.5:1 VSWR reading.

Tune the amplifier for output. ( Hopefully into a dummy load).

The put an VSWR meter between your radio and the input of the amplifier.

Key the radio and adjust the little input tune on the back for lowest VSWR reading on the meter.

Re tune the amplifier and then reset the in put tune for lowest VSWR.

Once you have it set it should not need adjusting again.

Those Maco 200 are work horses, will last forever if you do not over drive it.

Hey Thanks! And yes it will be in a dummy load :D I looked on line and did a search for it as well and just could not find anything at all. Your right this is a good amp. This amp will cost along on the low side at 180 watts all day long and will swing 380-400 on high. more than i need most of the time. Well Thanks for your help and to all.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.