• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MACO 300 AMATURE 7 TUBE LINEAR HELP!

darticus

Oct 17, 2011
MACO 300 AMATURE 7 TUBE LINEAR HELP!
Well got a Maco 300 but all 7 tubes were broken in delivery. I don't know what they were or which ones go where. Anyone able to help! This was nice until the post office dropped it. HELP Ron

Attachments

• 20130917_7.JPG
    20130917_7.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 837

I used to own that exact model I haven't heard or seen one since mine in the 1980"s. Never had any tubes go bad only the transformer and I replaced it right away. When mine was tuned and on high it really did dim the lights and just about anything that had a speaker or could reverberate you could hear me on and a letter from the FCC let me know just how far away I could be heard over a T.V. telephone, and home and car radio's.

Reactions: 1 person
Have any extra tubes sounds like fun! LOL Thanks Ron

I used to own that exact model I haven't heard or seen one since mine in the 1980"s. Never had any tubes go bad only the transformer and I replaced it right away. When mine was tuned and on high it really did dim the lights and just about anything that had a speaker or could reverberate you could hear me on and a letter from the FCC let me know just how far away I could be heard over a T.V. telephone, and home and car radio's.

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately a full set of replacement tubes will far exceed the replacement cost of the entire amplifier. If it was insured, claim the full value and let the post office buy the paperweight they created.

Not insured. He lied! Ron

Unfortunately a full set of replacement tubes will far exceed the replacement cost of the entire amplifier. If it was insured, claim the full value and let the post office buy the paperweight they created.

Any amp or heavy Radio should be double boxed with 2-3 inches of good packing between the boxes and the tubes removed and shipped separately. I have no love for people who are clueless about shipping radio equipment. Take good pictures and file a PayPal claim.

I'm not absolutely certain, but...

Insurance is no longer an option to purchase on eBay. I think it's the seller's responsibility to ensure safe delivery of your item. Isn't the seller responsible for including insurance within the S&H charges?

Anyways, was this an eBay purchase? If so, then you might have a claim.

Can paypal do something? Thanks Ron

Any amp or heavy Radio should be double boxed with 2-3 inches of good packing between the boxes and the tubes removed and shipped separately. I have no love for people who are clueless about shipping radio equipment. Take good pictures and file a PayPal claim.

you should contact the seller and demand a refund .he should have insured it for the full amount .and he should have packaged it better .
as long as you did not gift the money thru paypal they can help you .

file a dispute .received damaged non working item ,you have a case .

Will check it out after everything is here. Thanks Ron

you should contact the seller and demand a refund .he should have insured it for the full amount .and he should have packaged it better .
as long as you did not gift the money thru paypal they can help you .

file a dispute .received damaged non working item ,you have a case .

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.