• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Maco Antennas

Someone bought them out, I don't remember who? I got a antenna before and after the buy out, the new ones are better quality!

Reactions: 1 person
Hmmm...
Sure about that?

Tom Charles is still there; maybe he is just managing it now. Hard to say. He didn't say anything to me the last time I talked to him on the phone last year about selling out. He was in the process of releasing a new line of mobile antennas for Hams. AS well as developing some base antennas for Hams too. Maybe things changed since then. Maybe Moleculo will call him up and interview him.

Tom wasn't too keen on giving out too much info about the new stuff being developed the last time we talked; but I didn't follow up since then.

We will see..

http://www.macoantennas.net/CompanyProfile.html

Yes they are improved,I ordered parts from them to rebuild my Shooting star and the parts were much heavier and the gamma parts where the coax connects were very heavy built pus stainless bolts/nuts.

AP

Made in the USA

Made in the USA is alive and well in Mt. Carroll, IL. Home of Maco and Gizmotchy antennas.

We presently have a two meter nine element antenna being tested on an antenna farm, and are testing new mobile antennas for 10/11 meters.

We have a new antenna called the Asteroid that has been tested and the part prints are being drawn up for production and instruction sheets are being developed. This antenna was tested by a good friend, John Jones in Alabama. It should be available in two months.

We are also have a customer overseas that we are designing a special mobile antenna for on our new antenna winding machine. This new mobile antenna will to go with the new base antenna we already designed and they currently use. While these new antennas will probably never be used in the USA the customer has the ability to install our antennas on all of the commercial vehicles in their county.

We bought a rotor repair business in the summer and have relocated to Mt. Carroll, IL. This business still needs to be set up as we have a lot of requests.

Our next new employee has been hired and is scheduled to start January 1, 2012 to produce our mobile antennas.

While I realize it is harder for our customers to now talk to me personally it is because I am involved in all the new projects and extremely busy. A lot of you have talked to Kay in our office and I want to assure everyone that she knows a lot about antennas and if she can't help you she refers you to me. My goal is to hire and train compent people so the company will continue on if something would happen to me. Kay is one of those people.

If you have a small company related to the communications field that you would like to sell, call us up, we are buying.

We are alive and well.

Tom Charles

Made in the USA is alive and well in Mt. Carroll, IL. Home of Maco and Gizmotchy antennas.

We presently have a two meter nine element antenna being tested on an antenna farm, and are testing new mobile antennas for 10/11 meters.

We have a new antenna called the Asteroid that has been tested and the part prints are being drawn up for production and instruction sheets are being developed. This antenna was tested by a good friend, John Jones in Alabama. It should be available in two months.

We are also have a customer overseas that we are designing a special mobile antenna for on our new antenna winding machine. This new mobile antenna will to go with the new base antenna we already designed and they currently use. While these new antennas will probably never be used in the USA the customer has the ability to install our antennas on all of the commercial vehicles in their county.

We bought a rotor repair business in the summer and have relocated to Mt. Carroll, IL. This business still needs to be set up as we have a lot of requests.

Our next new employee has been hired and is scheduled to start January 1, 2012 to produce our mobile antennas.

While I realize it is harder for our customers to now talk to me personally it is because I am involved in all the new projects and extremely busy. A lot of you have talked to Kay in our office and I want to assure everyone that she knows a lot about antennas and if she can't help you she refers you to me. My goal is to hire and train compent people so the company will continue on if something would happen to me. Kay is one of those people.

If you have a small company related to the communications field that you would like to sell, call us up, we are buying.

We are alive and well.

Tom Charles

Can you tell us anything about the new Asteroid antenna? I run a Maco and Im very happy with it. Glad to hear your using better hardware than your predecessor. Good to see you on this site! Stop by more often.

Maco Antennas work great until a winter ice & snow storm or high winds tear them apart, the aluminum tubing is too thin on Maco's Antennas so they dont last long

Maco Antennas work great until a winter ice & snow storm or high winds tear them apart, the aluminum tubing is too thin on Maco's Antennas so they dont last long

I can not agree with this quote, I have had a Maco 5/8 for 6 years and it went through high winds and Ice with out any problems.Large birds could not hurt it either. I gave it to a friend and he has it for over a year and it is still great.

AP

I can not agree with this quote, I have had a Maco 5/8 for 6 years and it went through high winds and Ice with out any problems.Large birds could not hurt it either. I gave it to a friend and he has it for over a year and it is still great.

AP

then we will have to disagree, i had the same antenna bought brand new and it bent over from ice buildup the first winter it was up

ice and high winds together can be deadly to any antenna no matter how well made.had a v58 here when the halloween ice storm hit in ohio.
it killed many antennas around me.
the v58 was unharmed along with super penetraters at several neighbors.
several antron 99's lost their top sections and those sigma v things crumbled.
i wish i had kept the v58 when i quit cb.would have been fine for 10m.
it went to a kid in richmond in who lost his antron to lightning and is still in use.
not much to go wrong with them.

Yea, The oct. snow that we got here in PA which was 10+ inches destroyed lots of antennas in my area too. My home made flat side 4 element 10m beam I thought for sure was a gonner but the heavy wet snow finally fell off it and it sprang back.

The Imax scared me too, it was bent almost horizontal but also made it through.

AP

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.