• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum 257

Baloo1967

Jul 4, 2013
Hi everybody,

I bought a magnum cb 257 seconds hand the lights has burned.The person before me played inside. I changed the lights and there are the wires disconnected. It is the wires that connects the reset board to the cb I do not know where that weld the wire. Can you help me please

Thank you! Baloo1967

Welcome to the forum. Actually the Magnum 257 is an Export radio, not a cb set. There are 6 lights or led's that are inside the display. It is a very difficult job to change these out. If the CPU control board that has CON 1,2,3,4 on it has been disconnected then that radio has been really jacked up. Does it even function?

Magnum 257 reset board

Thank you for your welcome 9C1Driver,

The con 1,2,3,4 has not been disconnected by mistake. By changing the lights by the led's the wires are disconnected and I do not know where they were connected. Before my magnum repair works great and I had the cb frequencies with the con 1,2,3,4. I am now looking where goes the wires. Can you help me?

Thank you! (y)

Thank you m42duster end grogan.

I had seen the pictures on this sit. It has been two weeks since I look on the internet but it does not tell me where on the circuit connecting wires, is not quite clear due to we don't see the photos in face and we have the magnum257 and the magnum257 hp and it's not the same board. mine is for th magnum257 and not magnum257 hp!

Thank you both for your help!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.