• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum 6-175 freq.

comet429

Oct 5, 2008
I've had about every magnum That's come out ,so I thought I'd give this 6-175 a try,but I'm not having much luck.

The 1st one I ordered last about 35min. Everybody said it said great and had it on the meter showing about 240 watt pep..........thought that was a little hot,but 35 min later sounded like a relay started chattering and unkeyed.....now only 17 watts, so I made phone call and told what happen,said box it back up and send it back.Had the 2nd one at the house before before 1st one even made it back to them(good service).

Well ,I did have time to hook it up before I went out on the road, so I just layed it in the radio room.

Well made it back about 3 1/2 to 4 weeks later hook it up and this one is showing around 165w to 175watts.......I can deal with that,but the freq is off and not just on the freq display,but also on the external meter(example 27.1854 with The control all the way couterclockwise and turn it back to mid-way or center it show 27.1863 and all the clockwise is 27.1872).

Ok,went to cbtricks and found the trim pot to adjust the internal freq display, but that doesn't adjust the freq it self.

My ?,after all that, is there a simple turn of a can or pot that well fix it?

Don't really want to ship it back,because the last 5 or 6 things I've order I've had to do that and the shipping and handling about to make me go crazy(at 15.00 to 30.00 a pop) every time!

Is that a Magnum S6 that you're talking about here - with the case amp made by Magnum?
Sounds like you might want to send/drop off the whole thing to a shop and have them dial it all in together - before that unit pops - too.
I considered doing this mod to my Galaxy DX 99V; but I don't want to send it out.
I'll use a TS DX-350 with it instead...

Is that a Magnum S6 that you're talking about here - with the case amp made by Magnum?
Sounds like you might want to send/drop off the whole thing to a shop and have them dial it all in together - before that unit pops - too.
I considered doing this mod to my Galaxy DX 99V; but I don't want to send it out.
I'll use a TS DX-350 with it instead...
It's the S6-175 with Pure Green.
Yes,I see they make an add-on 175,but I bought this radio out of the box this way.I didn't do the add-on.

Thought it might be something simple that I could do.......It was suppose to be tuned before it got to my door...........the point is that I'm starting to get a little ill having to pay 2,3,or 4 times for something that I've done payed for.

there are tuning cans inside the radio to get it on frequency,you gotta know which ones to adjust .i doubt any tech will tell you which ones to turn as thats like giving away a trade secret of sorts and it doesnt put money in thier pocket to do that .

looks like your gonna get stuck shipping it somewhere again .

what shop are you ordering from so we can stay away from it ?lol.....

Rob, Magnum makes a S3-175,S6-175, and S9-175 versions now along with the 80 watt versions and 50 watters.

Comet, where are you buying these radio's at? The reason I ask is quality shops like Sparkys, Custom cb, DTB Radio, and Bobs cb all tune and align radio's correctly before they are shipped.

If your buying a Copper or H&Y special then your on your own, thats what you get with those places.

Rob, Magnum makes a S3-175,S6-175, and S9-175 versions now along with the 80 watt versions and 50 watters.

Comet, where are you buying these radio's at? The reason I ask is quality shops like Sparkys, Custom cb, DTB Radio, and Bobs cb all tune and align radio's correctly before they are shipped.

From one of the shops above is were I've got all my stuff for about 6+ years,but lately I've had a lot of returning to do and I'm not going to point a finger to which one.

It's just to much of my time and money to have to keep boxing shipping back and playing phone tag,..........but anyway I'm just trying to see if someone can help me out and maybe get this back on freq.

I was interested in that S-3 or S-6-175 version. But if i do order one i will get it from my tech. I have been doing business with this person going on 19 yrs. now. My only problem when he retires i will be S.O.L. I just recently purchased a new Connex 4600 Turbo. I installed in my work van and it seems to get great reports. I prefer the 2sc2290's the 4600 has over the Mosfets the other radios are all going to. JMO.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.