• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum 6000??

That radio is way hot for that amp......the 30 watt model would have been a good match if turned down a bit.
Get it off of it and find a nice single final SSB radio to put in front of it.
I thought about installing a variable power on the ranger but I don't know if I want to do that, after researching it. I have a 148GTL-DX I was could use but I believe or was told it had a 40watt DK

I thought about installing a variable power on the ranger but I don't know if I want to do that, after researching it. I have a 148GTL-DX I was could use but I believe or was told it had a 40watt DK

That's not even possible. It probably has a variable dead key from say 2-8 watts and will do 35-40 peak watts.

If that radio has the heat sink on the back it should be a dual 1969 or 2312 final powered radio. The 148 GTL DX+ I owned was dual 1969's good for an honest 30-40 watts PEP.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.