• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum Radios, Inside and out?

Grogan

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Oct 1, 2011
Southern New Jersey
Was looking at the Magnums Is the S3 and the S6 the same board inside and the S6 has a bigger meter and frequency Display? Same with the S380 and S680 Add the RFX75 and Then the 80 to the S680. Are all the main boards the same.

Magnum radios rock, the S3 is entry level, the S6 has a big meter, the S9 adds SSB. They have several versions of power for each, 45 ish watts, 80 watts, and 175 watts. As far as I know none of them have the RFX-75. The 80 watt version have the same final section as the Galaxy 94.

yea I second that, Magnum Radios do ROCK. Have had them all, Delta Omega Force all were kicking, 257HP, S-9 all great Sam Lewis the Magnum owner needs a pat on the back all these radios are the BOMB. Great recieve, Great transmit, all the toys just a good deal and Great Working Radios for a Great Price

I own a older Magnum 257 with 2 2SC1969 finals in my truck and I got a Magnum 257HP in the house I really like both the 257s good transmit great receivers im not the type that goes in for all the bells and whistles so that's why I chose the 257s. Plus they are small enough to fit in my pickup truck.

So far I have own a Delta Force, A24, S3, and S9. I love the audio out of these radio's, not so yipped up about the RX, overloads easily and ACR? yeah right.

i have an omegaforce s45 and the trans and receive are great!! never once had a problem with it.Everyone i ever talked to says the audio is fantastic so anyone says they are trash is dead wrong.

i have an omegaforce s45 and the trans and receive are great!! never once had a problem with it.Everyone i ever talked to says the audio is fantastic so anyone says they are trash is dead wrong.

I'd agree with that.

So long as you don't try to squeeze the last 20 watts out of it that they can do, they will last too.
Still have both of mine; been using it the last few days AAMOF . . .

well

all the ones i bought brand new. spent more time in the magnum repair shop.
than i had used them. in my opinion there china junk

I had an S6 that I liked really well. Had a great NB that came in handy when I had my power line noise. Always wanted to try an S9, maybe someday.

S45HP

Yea right a stable galaxy what are you smoking unless your on AM all the time;)

Got my new S45HP recently, you're the one smokin' wacky weed if you're trying to compare Magnum to Galaxy! No Comparison!

Stable, loud & clear on AM or SSB, excellent receive! Is it a full bown Ham rig? NO! Did it cost less than half as much! YES!

Geoff S. KB9KQU

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.