• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum s-3

Audio Man

Jan 13, 2008
Hey all,
I got a Mag s-3 here that a guy brought me to fix, now I'm by no means an expert tech, but i can keep my own items running, know how to use a scope and so on..
i have a question on this radio.
It Rx's fine and it will TX, however the radio it stuck at a 20 to 21W DK, and none of the internal adjustments will bring it down, and flipping the Top gun switch does nothing. It also has no audio output. does anybody here know what causes this problem?? trying to save myself some time here.
(FYI)this guy is not the type of guy to go into his own radio and just turn things up and down.
thanks in advance!

ok, im back to this magnum here.
It is stuck at a 20w dead key, cant make it go up or down from internal controls, no audio (even on pa, i hooked an old 2000gtl speaker to the pa jack, i can hear it key but no audio). other than that its operational, great rx, just dead key stuck at 20w and no audio on am or pa?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.