• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum S-680 Help Please !!!!

basstracker1970

Nov 6, 2012
I got a nice condition magnum S-680 with the 4 2030 mosfets in it. Suppose to be a 80 watts radio and the lights are all green on this one. I am having several differnt problems with it. radio powers on all lights come on and radio receives great but has no transmit at all non. Second problem is the radio will show correct freq from channel 1-15 am 11 meter but 16 on won't change the freq. Meter light goes out when keyed up and no swing on need when you talk just dead. Radio will receive fine 1-15 channels but no transmit. Hope I explaned this good enough for you to get some ideas. Please ask me for anymore info you need to help me. Love to get this radio working again. Thanks

Sounds like a bad solder joint in the transmit section I am not clear on the tuning issue. I would bet you have 2 issues.

What power supply are you using?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.