• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum S-980

screw it just make one big friggin radio with like 2x 2290s driving 6x 2879's and have a 650+ watt radio? WHY not Connex did 400 watts with there uber output model. and that was with friggin 1446's WHY NOT PUT 2879's in sure youll wont be able to plug it in to a ciggarette lighter but thats where i think exports should go with the market. BUILT IN Amps. with more than just 80 watts. but i have to admit the magnum is a nice looking radio. i like the blue look but not a big fan of the turbo looks a little tacky

Just got one of these and installed it yesterday

So far its not a bad talker talked about 40 miles with it on a wilson 1000 mag on a durango

The only thing i dont like is the channel selector seams to be a little on the cheap side as far as when you change channel's. Im seeing about 50 watts on average reading meter from a 10 watt key getting good audio reports from it with a rk56 mic. Reciver so far seams to be nice no noise from anything from the vehical like fuel pump / wiper's / blower motor/ ect. Seams to have good ear's.
so far so good on this radio

I will be playing around more it today

All I got is the ol' S9 but when I turn on the Texas Star 400 and push it through the I-Max 2000 up that 50' pole it's just smokin the band.
The free band that is.
AM FM SSB it don't matter. :beer

Thanks for the advise on this radio, I might be picking one up for 200 Bucks. I think they go for about 350 new so It just might be worth it.:D

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply lords. I haven't heard a great deal about it so far. 'Kind of surprising considering all the hype before it came out.

I enjoy my S-9.
I have lots of Raido's Icom, Kenwood etc..but for 10-11 meters for Audio and clarity:love:.. you can't beat them..SSB is awesome if you get it right.. for a export-Chink radio you can't beat them.. Doug LOL

Of all the exports, for sound and clarity.. Magnum is the best.. but, that is just my opinion.. I should also mention receive and low noise .. Doug :tongue:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.