• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum S3, what's the switchable NX?

Jan 11, 2010
Just picked up a used Magnum S3, one of the newer models, nice radio. It has the switchable High SWR alert on the back like the older S3's, also has a position on the switch to turn on and off "NX." I don't have the manual, no reference to it in the manuals I could find on the web, and no other web references to this. Can anybody tell me what NX is? Thanks!

I cant tell you what it stands for but the switch in the on position activates SWR alert.If you key up and your SWR is too far off,the meter light will blink off off and on in red while transmitting to warn you.If you turn it off,it wont do it.
Just reread your post,guess I told you what you already knew.Sorry

Just picked up a used Magnum S3, one of the newer models, nice radio. It has the switchable High SWR alert on the back like the older S3's, also has a position on the switch to turn on and off "NX." I don't have the manual, no reference to it in the manuals I could find on the web, and no other web references to this. Can anybody tell me what NX is? Thanks!
Google Image Result for http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/rflimited/magnum_s3/graphics/magnum_s3_nx_night.jpg

read down towards the bottom
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Magnum S-3NX : NitroXpress version. 50W radio with 3 ERF2030s (1 driver & 2 finals), and Blue Nitro Knobs.
S-3NX Pictures Night and Day
[/FONT]

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.