• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Magnum S45HP Issue

I got the new talkback board installed, basically reverse engineered the wiring. There is one black wire that was connected to a pin in the middle of the old tb board to "CON 1" on this board, which I think is the "PA Module": http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/rflimited/omegaforce_s45_hp/tour/graphics/dsc00104.jpg

I don't know where this black wire would connect to the new talkback board. EDIT: The schematic says "Pin 8" on the AMT board but I don't find it. The TB seems to work fine, works in all modes including PA, and actually seems to work a lot better than it did with the old board (before it took a dump). The internal speaker's not working but I haven't re-opened the radio to try and re-connect the plug yet., ext speaker works fine. Edit: Internal speaker plug is bad, speaker works fine though.
Thanks for any info.

Last edited:
From what I can tell, the ref to Pin 8 is referring to pin #8 of the audio amp on the AMT board, plus that's where the wire connected to the old board.

I think I have it figured out.

jch

Is your s45hp still working ok? Mine now has the exact same symptoms as yours did. I replaced the talkback with a UTB-1. I just spliced the wires. Still the same. Just like yours. Low receive on am. Even lower on ssb. Have to put me ear touching the speaker to hear anything at all. No button press beeps, no roger beep and no internal speaker.

Is your s45hp still working ok? Mine now has the exact same symptoms as yours did. I replaced the talkback with a UTB-1. I just spliced the wires. Still the same. Just like yours. Low receive on am. Even lower on ssb. Have to put me ear touching the speaker to hear anything at all. No button press beeps, no roger beep and no internal speaker.

After replacing the talk back mine works fine as far as I can tell. The talkback is clearer and I'm not getting bad feedback with the echo like with the previous tb board/.

I had it in my truck one day and I think my antenna is not perfect enough for the radio, keyed the radio and something went haywire and had similar symptoms to what you're describing. I reset the CPU and all was good, until the TB took a dump. I think it was something to do with my antenna setup that caused it, had good swr but I was thinking the antenna might have been too close to the radio?

Quirky radio anyway but a talking sonofagun when working.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.