• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Malaysian airliner shot down

I watched several videos from different news agencies. Apparently the plane broke apart while in the air just by looking at the unburnt tail section that had fallen some distance from the main site. What burned was most likely the wing section that attaches to the fuselage that housed the fuel tanks.
Here's a thread from Sig Talk on the matter.
SIG Talk

777 ain't no joke. That's a huge plane and a lot of people. I rode in one back and forth to Korea. ATL to Seoul, one flight for 15 hours going and about 12 coming back. 12 seats wide in 3 groups of four, and I don't know how many total. But it's a lot. Cruising altitude is extremely high as well. Shooting one of these down wasn't a shoulder fired rocket, IMO.

Well... That's above any man pack range. I read where the rebels have the black box and are turning it over to the Russians. The Swiss should get it, but we know how this is going to spin.

Reactions: 1 person

Yep,that's what I read earlier. A surface to air missle capable of reaching heights of 72000 feet. That's high.
Fox News showed a vid with bodies still strapped in their seats but unburnt. I took a iPhone snapshot of that but I'm not going to upload that but rather the tail section. I'm been watching Air Crash Investigation on YouTube. You can learn a lot just watching that. Here's a pic of the plane's tail section. It came down in another place from the main crash site. That tells me that the plane broke apart in midair. Also,you'll notice that there aren't any scorcharks on it but rather the tell tell signs of being ripped apart from the main body of the jet,most likely from aerodynamic forces imposed of it as the plane came apart. Also,air crash investigaters once at the crash site will look for the four corners of the airplane. However,the black boxes especially the cockpit voice recorder can tell a lot of what happened even noises are picked up. The flight data recorder can give crucial data about the plane's systems including speed,altitude unless the incident was immediately catastrophic then in that case the data and voice recorders stop working.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.