• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MARS Mod FTM400D

It appears this is a mystery radio? I really want to buy one, but the extended TX is a big deal to me. Any ideas?

It's a fairly new radio so I'm not surprised there's no chatter on a MARS mod for it yet. Have you tried calling Yaesu USA and asking them? Those guys are pretty helpful and would tell you if the radio can be modded for MARS operation. They may even email it to you if you are a HAM.

Thanks for all the input. I know it is a new radio, so info is limited at this point. I will give YAESU a call and see what they have to say. I was hoping that someone from Worldwidedx would be the first to publish the mod!

NEW MARS MOD

There is a procedure out of MODS.DK for Mars on the FTM-400DR. It appears to be someone out of Italy. When I looked at the picture of their FTM-400DR and compared it to my US version the resistor arrangement that is discussed appears to be reversed. It appears they are removing the right most resistor of the two. On my US version the right most position of the two resistors is vacant and the resistor is in the left most position (of the two). Maybe I'm not looking at it correctly, but I don't want to damage my radio. Anyone with an FTM400DR that can take a look at their radio and and compare and give me some input?

Thanks, Joel

Here is a pic of my radio. Not Very good since it's from my phone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 650
I just received confirmation from the Yahoo group that the resistor location is reversed from the US vs EU units and removal of the resistor on the left on the US units will brick the unit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.